View Single Post
Old 06-11-2013, 12:40 PM
Silver Level Site Supporter

gmp.. it can be the most rewarding and the most frustrating thing.. we have placed alot of dogs in great forever homes.. then those that call and want you to take them back after awhile when they have done nothing but stuck them in the yard alone..
my husky/wolf mix was that way.. we placed him and he stayed about 3 months.. he ate their swing set... literally bored.. no input at all.. i went by one night to pick him up and he saw my truck and jumped in it.. we just kept him.. he is so cool..
my dachsund... who is the most likely to bite you at my house.. was brought in by a lady with his 2 siblings to get first puppy shots and for us to help them adopt them.. when we took them back to do that, they left.. all had parvo( which we now have at our house....) he spent 21 days at the vet.. vet called and said come get him.. nothing we can do for him... so we did and he is doing great.. my pure blue heeler.. i asked for her.. got her at 4 weeks old.. would fit in your hand... great girl..

i am working with our shelter to make a fairly painful way to detect how stupid someone is before we adopt to them...