View Single Post
Old 11-22-2012, 10:19 AM

I rode the bike a little in the field. I want happy with the jd red in the 4th position so I changed it first. Now it's in the 3rd and it seems more responsive in mid throttle openings. I noticed if I would short shift the bike and bog it down a little, that it would act funny at wot when I tried to accelerate from down low. It seemed to act a little like an old automatic car that slips a little in between gears, it would pull ok the stumble a little, then clean out and rip. so I started messing with the air screw.

It was about 2 turns out. So I started turning it in 1/8th turn at a time. It kept getting better until I ended up happy with 1 1/8th turns. The bike seemed much better from idle to mid throttle.

I started doing 3rd gear pulls and I'm very happy with it right now. The bike would pull the front tire but not excessively. I happened to look down and noticed I was in rain mode so I flipped the switch and repeated some field blasts.

WOW, what a difference that makes. It might have something to do with the head mod, but it seems to make a more of an impact now. This thing will scoot. I did notice that the gears seem really close together. 2-3 is particularly close. I seemed to want to rev it out further but there wasn't anything left. I haven't had a 6 speed bike before so I guess I'll just have to adapt a little. I'm going to put a few hours in tomorrow on the trails, I'll get a ride report in shortly after. Expect a lot of details.... I like to analyze.