View Single Post
Old 08-13-2015, 06:44 PM

Hmm, the radiator that came with the bike is definitely a Frankenstein. The right hand side radiator is as you described. I should've looked at that one and I'd have known right away there was a difference. Curiously, the two rubber grommets you described were on the radiator but in different locations. I've got the 2013 upgrade kit here and when I go to put the radiator shrouds on I might be needing some more of those grommets, if they attach like the 2001 shrouds did.

The mounting bolts had two thin strips of sheet metal with holes drilled for the rad louvers to poke into. It was a complete joke. I'll likely be waiting on even more parts now that I've torn into it.

I wonder what a good source is for the metal washer/insert things that go into the grommets is. One of them is broken so badly only the insert part remains, and none of the washer. For now, I'm using a washer ontop of the insert, but I'm trying to get away from the Frankenstein theme this bike has going on.

Here's a picture showing the two tiny tabs that were holding the radiator to the frame. You can see the two larger holes on the front and rear of the radiator where I sourced the grommets from. The metal spacer/insert things were on the bolts holding it to the frame, but broken mostly to pieces.

I owe you a thank you, working with someone else's junk often leads to infuriating situations like this where nothing makes sense.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20150813_173744.jpg (132.2 KB, 45 views)