Thread: ISDE Update
View Single Post
Old 08-28-2008, 03:06 PM

Bike setup is pretty much done today. It's very hot down in Serres but we head up into the mountains where it's pretty comfortable temperature-wise. Special tests look fun, especially the Red Bull test (day 3/4), Acerbis (day 1/2) and all of the enduro tests at Lailias. Should be a fun event.

Americans are scrambling again as last I heard their container is still in Athens. Talked to Billy at the GasGas truck - he's good, bike is close to setup but we doesn't have his Rekluse or a few other things. Billy's a really nice guy too, so everyone cheer him on!

While the Americans have it bad, the Australian club teams have it worse. Their container got mistakenly sent to Egypt so they've had to buy tools, gear and rent bikes. Chile is in a similar boat and not happy about it.

Looking forward to the race, should be fun. Lots of beautiful women in the paddock and around town. Greece is a great country! I'll try and send another update (complete with pictures) on Saturday or Sunday.

By the way, Steve Berkner AKA Berkyboy, if you read this, I need a front axle pull (mine off my 07 ISDE bike does not fit)! I'm looking for you in the pits but haven't seen you anywhere yet!