View Single Post
Old 06-18-2013, 08:18 PM
Gold Level Site Supporter

Ok the date for this is looking like it will have to be Saturday August 10th

Guys I just want to make myself clear. My loop probably will have some of the fathers day poker run trails in it But that'll be the resting and relaxing portion of the loop. The other stuff will be very challenging and can be quite intimidating at times if you have any fear of heights. I have had some good riders lock up in those situations and it starts to become not so fun for them. And then me too! Tell you the truth I'm not that fond of heights, but its a rush when riding.

Some of the trails I plan to use are Most difficult ratings and can have very long steep hills, very tight switchbacks, and are side hill single track with exposed sections you do not want to make a mistake on cause it is a long way down. Do realize people have died out there from falling off some of the drops, not necessarily any that I am planning to use, but it does exist.

The main reason for the B rider and up status is not because I want fast racers with super speed, but more I need riders with tough trail ability and can make smart line selections. Some of the trails are quite difficult and we need to keep the group moving. This loop very well could exceed 100 miles so the need to be in bike shape and the fact it's August in a hot climate means needing to flow and not get stuck too much. I know 1 spot where going up I have never rode all the way up. I had to jump off and push the last 20 feet or so. I have never seen any one make it without pushing.

Anyhow I just want to make myself clear this ride is not for C riders. My wife has been riding for 10 years has rode the fathers day poker run many times and I would never take her on my loop.(she is afraid of heights and steep down hills)

By the way some of the views are stunning!

I will be going out several times to put my loop together, get mileage, check on conditions- downed trees, snow drifts etc... over the next few weeks. So guys if you want to get a sense of what I'm talking bout your more than welcome to come with, I will be doing sections each visit only, not the whole loop.

The donations from "Roscoe's Ridiculously Rad Ridge Ride" will be put into my M/C clubs gravel fund. This will help our club continue to gravel our club lands staging area. We have spent thousands on clearing and gravel and ran out of dough and need to get some more gravel down before our first events are held out there this fall.

Roscoe

Huge thanks: GAS GAS OFFROAD US, Skagit Powersports, Cycle Gear, LTRacing, Scorpion Racing, users of GasGasrider.org, and CFMC!

Last edited by REVERUP; 06-18-2013 at 10:12 PM.