Thread: Sherco
View Single Post
Old 10-10-2012, 09:22 AM
Banned

We can be fairly competetive now with the orange guys. The Sherco 300 is the same price as the KTM 350. I was told that Moto Verde in France and another mag, I think in Australia, picked the Sherco in a shootout against all of the other 300 to 400cc 4Ts, including the KTM 350. I was impressed with it when I rode it, especially the 6 speed tranny.

The 2T 250 was pretty sweet. Electronic controlled pv, 6 speed, e start designed with the engine rather than added on. It had tons of torque.

The fit and finish on the Shercos is pretty incredible. While at the factory I noticed that there were two steel plates bonded to each side of the swingarm and I asked what they were for. I was told that they did not believe that steel wheel spacers should come in contact with an aluminimum swingarm. They ordered fuel from the US to map the efi on the bikes with our fuel. They do their own final milling on close tolerance parts in house rather than letting the supplier do it. And they actually have an owner's manual with suspension settings and technical bulletins. I was pretty impressed!
I think Sherco will be a good addition to our business.