View Single Post
Old 10-15-2013, 12:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bandit9 View Post
How much single track is there? Elevation?

I've done Scipio a few times and Stillwater. Also have rode all the good stuff at Talimena.

Does it compare to any of those?

Due to A-Hole politicians and thieves stealing my wallet out my truck Thurs night, I haven't had much time to dial in my 300. Didn't come to a comfortable setting with suspension after only an hour on Friday. Need more time. Considering racing the WR if there isn't a ton of single track at Draper. Probably gonna bring both bikes.
Crosstimbers is nothing like Scipio and you will not encounter many rocks although there are a few here and there. It would be a lot closer to Stillwater. The elevation changes you encounter will depend on what part of the course you are on. There are four trails there - Green, Red, Blue and Black. Green is ATV and is wide open with very little elevation change. Red and blue are wooded single track for the most part and are more technical but still don't have much elevation change or obstacles. Just a little tighter than the green trail. Unless they moved them since I was last there, there were a couple of surprise logs on the red trail...located in places where you have just built up some speed and are least expecting them. lol. Now the Black trail is where all the fun is. Tight single track with lots of elevation change there and lots of obstacles such as logs, roots, etc. There are some high speed field sections too and a house that the trail goes through. Parts of the black trail can get pretty slimy after lots of rain. Most of Draper is sand and red clay, though. They have added some new trail to the Black for the enduro, so I'm curious what it will be like.

Draper can get a little rough with braking bumps and acceleration bumps and can get a little washed out and develop some fairly deep water holes. The green trail often has a lot of sandy whoops. We got a good deal of rain last night, but if the weather holds and we don't get much more rain this week, soil conditions will probably be primo for the race with a few remaining red water holes.