View Single Post
Old 11-15-2016, 08:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tafka View Post
Okay, so got all the connectors and made a little guide for anyone looking for a cheap alternative for GasGas ignition coil. This should work from 2004-2006 bikes which have the 4 pin ignition coil with part numbers: BFS450334000 , MFS400380006 maybe some other numbers also.
New replacement coil is with part number: 129700-5150 (some other 129700 coils might work too, but i don't know the length of the other ones, 5150 is just the right legth!)
This is Denso coil and is used on different bikes....Hayabusa, CBR etc....so pretty common.(i got mine from ebay for ~$16, low mileage, like new)
If you don't want to damage the original wiring then you also need one VAG connector and one Denso connector. You could skip the Denso connector and use 3.2mm insulated terminals and just fill the coil side connection with silicone.
Part numbers are on the picture. So here's the little guide:
CLICK HERE

I have made couple of test runs with this coil and everything works great!
Tafka,

How did you go with the testing?
If I can't get this fixed Im about to chuck Gas Gas away as this is my first issue with the bike and can get no support on it in Melbourne. All Mechs here, although very knowledgeable and helpful, seam to have moved away from this era of bike.