View Single Post
Old 08-30-2010, 12:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by speeddemon View Post
I have ridden the Gas Gas 250f 2010 model briefly and was pleased with it: enough power, good brakes, good suspension and doesn't scare the shit out of you like a big two stroke. I would recommend such a bike for a beginning enduro/trail rider who doesn't weigh more then 80 kg in full gear. It's a bike which you can buy and don't grow out of it for years. For road use and open trails it's just enough horsepower but for all other riding circumstances fits me perfectly. (with at least 4 cm lowering offcourse since i'm a lightweight shortie )
I think it depends on your terrain. A 250F is good for anyone in the UK up to Clubman level (intermediate class) and probably fine for mid class Experts on timecard enduro terrain. Having raced the KTM 250 EXCF I was stunned by the performance for a 250F - I'm 110Kg!

I don't get the GG 250F. It's n-1 generation Yamaha engine. They don't appear to have done anything worthwhile with it. It might've been ok had GG stayed with the Ohlins/Zokes setup. I agree they need a 250F to complete the line up but I think they should've waited until they could do it properly either with their own motor or by modifying someone elses to be a bit special. But ....... I heard rumours they're selling like hot cakes in Spain but that sort of brand loyalty isn't going to work so well in other countries. I suspect the price they're paying Yamaha doesn't leave any room for mods.