Thread: RK Tek head
View Single Post
Old 02-27-2019, 05:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dzhitshard View Post
I'm concerned that you're looking at 2 separate issues when I make assumptions about what you're trying to describe with the terms you're using.

I was very frustrated when I got my bike and tackled the same issues you're apparently dealing with. It sucks, I'm sorry it's such a hassle on the 18s.

You make several won't start statements in the post I quoted. Are some of them won't crank vs won't start?

When you mention that it's now harder to start even when kicking it makes me wonder if the temps you were riding in previously have changed and the jetting is close enough to be effected by it.

I believe that you are possibly employing far too much faith in the "210cca" and Shoria battery in general. You can help yourself a lot by metering your issues.

A couple quick videos show the difference between an advertised 220cca battery that was acting the same as the OEM unit (the oem unit starts a 2017 KTM 300 just dandy with no issues FWIW)
You can see that the batteries began with the same charge but did absolutely not act the same once they reached coup d foute and began recovering.

Video 2 was same day, same circumstances, cold bike that video 1 was. Drastically different results.

220cca battery https://youtu.be/iuvaMotUd6E

the fix
https://youtu.be/UltP7VpXFeo
Ok so yes what is happening to me is the same thing as your ?210 CCA? battery video. This is what happens 99% of of The time. If it is warm sometimes it will crank but not start. I don?t think it has anything to do with jetting.
I was assuming the battery was good since lots of people claim to have luck with weaker batteries. I don?t want to just keep buying batteries if it?s not going to fix it. I will remove the covers and see if anything is bound up, bench test the starter, and then buy a battery if everything else checks out.