View Single Post
Old 09-10-2014, 12:08 AM

Hi liv2day
That section is a bit rough yes, but not as bad as the hills and stuff around there. Huge inclines with big slippery rocks. I had a proper flip on the one climb and just as the bike went past the 12 o'clock mark, an overhanging branch stopped it. Was quite a thing to see.
That video was not from a race. It was a practice day i used to test the 200 out. I bought it that same week.
But at races, they do mark with tape yes and you have to stay between them, or, you may not deviate from the path much. But you chose your own line. Not always easy as a lot of guys get stuck in front of you on the "better" lines and you have to make a plan on the tougher lines to pass them.

My gearing there was 13/48. Totally wrong for that terrain. I fitted a 12 up front last night and will see how that goes this weekend.

But yes. It was a great day out.

Hamilton
This past week was spent setting the squish, polishing the head, fitting a new piston kit, and doing general maintenance on the bike like wheel bearings, oil, etc. I fitted the Tubliss on the bike with fresh rubber (Mitas C18 red stripe in the rear, and Mitas EF07 yellow stripe in the front). The traction should be a lot better too.
I'll run it in before the weekend with the jets it has in now (42/172), and then play with the brass to see what would work best.
I bought a 40 pilot and 170 main. I'm at 1400m above sea level, so i should in theory go a bit leaner.

This is the first lap we did for the day. i followed a team mate of mine. You can see the terrain a bit better in this video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oMbik8K_ujE