Thread: Broken Clavical
View Single Post
Old 05-05-2008, 03:47 PM

Thanks guys.

I live near NYC with among the best medical resources in the world. You would think it easy to find a guy with experience in fixing this. Well, not so, as the clavicle plating system is relatively new tech (last 2-3 years). Before that they used pins or generic plates (like the guy on KTMtalk got in the UK), or just let it alone. A lot of these docs are just not up to date. A lot are, but they don't advertise clavicle repair so how do you find them? Its like ACL reconstruction was a few years back (now eneryone does it). I'll tell you what I did after going nuts for days looking. I found the mfg of the locking clavicle plate implant, got the local sales reps name/#, and called him to find out what docs in my area use the most plates. Great guy and pointed me to a doc that does a lot and seems confident. High profile athlete photos grace the walls and he also worked on one of NJs ex govs (no, not the homo ). So, I'm looking for a good outcome. Should you be unfortunate enough to have a problem like this, do your homework. Docs are just like any other professionals. Good, bad, conservative, aggressive, etc.

I'll let you guys know how it went, I'm sure I'll home for a few days at least and here a lot!