Thread: Broken Clavical
View Single Post
Old 05-06-2008, 04:21 AM

Hi Glenn,

About 2 years ago I crashed quite bad with my trials bike and broke collor bone plus a crack in it.
Shoulder also got a really big hit and muscles who fixes shoulder in place was beaten up bad.
Collar bone was hard to fix in possition as mine also moved around but doctors said its not any problem if they not grow togehter in exact possition, Mine is now overlapping or on top of each one. ( don't know how to explain ) But I have no problem with that at all today.

What I really think you should be careful with is your shoulder.
Already after 2 weeks of non moving you will start to have cartilage in the shoulder joint if not moving shoulder.
Myself I vent to training and tried to move shoulder as much as possible and today I have no problem with it.

I however met a guy who had a similar accident with BMX bike about the same time as me but he did not follow doctor's orders with training/moving arm.
Instead he held arm/shoulder as still as possible to avoid any pain and today he can not lift arm over his shoulder.
He have now problem to ride with his BMX with his kid's and this was a thing that he really liked a lot.

Lech