View Single Post
Old 04-12-2016, 03:32 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by lneil06 View Post
The slide has a #7 stamped on it -

I'll pull the needled out tonight and find out what slot the clip is in.

93 Octane Gas - 50% to 1 - was at 44 to 1 gas/oil mixture - changed to 50% to 1 after finding the owners manual.

I ride in power mapping 2 most of the time - but love how clean the bike runs in power mapping 1.

Again - I'm never at full throttle - will order a J&D Jet kit - is that the best / most cost effective way to go ?

Thanks

Lenny
No and no.

Go read some of the stickies.

Important points.
Mechanical condition of the engine, reeds, airfilter, main seals etc.
Carb setup. Install and fitment on bike. Clearance from frame. Slide not raised excessively, some slack in the throttle cable. Float height!!! and ensuring that the needle valve and seat aren't gummed up allowing it to not seal and overflow. Should be able to tip the bike 45 degrees each side without overflow. See thread for suggested heights and methods.
Jetting! Get a baseline, get a handful of jets, and a handful of needles and start again with a methodical approach.

Excess head clearance can also cause poor economy and efficiency. Many have gone around in circles for a long time before having the head cut and everything fall into place. Wouldn't be a bad idea to measure your squish.