View Single Post
Old 03-20-2007, 08:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian VT View Post
... I ended up taking a risky shot off course to get by him. I was pissed. You can get hurt bad in there.
I didn't think it was that bad taking a "creative" line. Most of the small stuff would just deflect out of the way. Up to a certain diameter it had plenty of give. Taking creative lines at a NETRA enduro is a lot riskier due to all the hidden rocks. I ran a set of mini bars and cut them down to 30" barkbuster to barkbuster. More than once I clipped trees on both sides.

In one section I was following this guy who would sprint away from me when the trail opened up, but slowed way down in the tight stuff. He kept diving to the inside on corners and clipping trees. Taking the outside line allowed you to lean the bike over and get on the gas without clipping anything.

Can't believe how little wear there was on my rear tire. I mounted up a fresh knobby and it still looks good. Now I gotta put the Trellies back on.

Thinking about going down to the Stump Jumper Enduro on 4/29. Any plans on riding that one?