View Single Post
Old 09-09-2013, 09:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anders View Post
I have not seen this in the flesh, but...
Of course the rear master cylinder isn't designed to take the brake pressure in its reservoir (window and all), and I do not think the Rekluse design intends to use it that way either. There should be a o-ring at the bottom of the part that you insert into the rear master cylinder. At least this was the case with the previous dual action design (where you used the clutch master for the rear brake). This o-ring seals off the pressure, so that the pressure from the left hand master cylinder is routed into the rear master cylinder's high pressure circuit.
Could it be that the o-ring is missing or leaking, or that the length of the insert is wrong for the actual rear master cylinder?

I have been playing with the idea of building a similar system for my bike, so if you could give me a link to the Hope (or other make) radial master cylinder that Rekluse use, I would be grateful.
The Rekluse install video does show a rubber oring for fitment on the bottom of the brake reservoir.

"If you stop eating donuts you will live 3 years longer. It's just 3 more years that you want a donut."
―Comedian Lewis Black

"I think best when I have a wrench in my hands." Soichiro Honda

"Dreams are messages from the deep."
-Unknown Sardaukar