View Single Post
Old 12-28-2015, 09:12 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by gasgasman View Post
Someone mentioned that Zip-Ty Racing bought the dirt bike side of Marzocchi.
Don't know if it's true or not.
Zip ty has exaggerated their role with marzocchi in the pasr. Eg calling themselves the importer for marzocchi when they were not. I would consider the marzocchi dirt bIke fork dead.. this has been going this way for a long time. Marzocchi USA dumped their stock of motorcycle parts a few years ago. Les at lt racing bought a bunch of stuff from them at the time. They just wanted the stuff off the books.

My advice on the forks is the following.... some vendors have figured out parts interchange with other more available models. Parts are available for the marzocchi through husqvarna ktm for now. After that, both this forum and ebay for gasgas part outs. Ebay for Japanese fork setups aND swaps.....

I don't have a gasgas right now. I have a husky and an xr. The husky has 50mm twin chambers. The xr280 has open chamber 45 zokes. I also have a new set of ohlins for the front but haven't put them on jn a while. my feeling is ride it until I wear them out. Then worry about it. Don't worry about it now and just ride.

Jeff