View Single Post
Old 08-08-2019, 12:51 AM

@Jacob:

No, I already rode the bike for 3 hours in easy terrain last week. There wasn't much clutch slipping necessary. Yesterday the terrain was a bit harder and I rode the bike 3 hours again, so in total the clutch is 6 hrs old. It was darn hot (about 94 F).

I called GG in Germany and asked them how to install the steel plates and they said it plays no role as long as they all face either outwards or inwards (with the sharp edge).

Shaft is good, checked both ends.

There is no leak visible, fluid level in the reservoir did not change, at least it isn't visible. But yes, it is possible that there is a leak letting air in.
I will bleed it again while waiting for the new slave.

Yesterday, when the bike always stalled when I put it in gear, I pumped the lever about 20 times and tried again, but that didn't change anything. (That worked on my KTM when air was in the system.)

@Gasser Nate:
I even bled it with the slave off the bike and the piston pushed back, that normally eliminates air that you wont get out during normal bleeding process. However, I too have the feeling the problem is related to the hydraulic part of the whole system (slave or master cylinder).

Will bleed again and report back but may take a few days.

Thank you both for your help, really appreciate that.

Doc