Thread: Weird jetting!
View Single Post
Old 09-22-2019, 07:38 PM

So, i swapped in the new reeds, changed the needle from a jd blue to a NECW and lowered the float level a bit (i know I said i'd change one thing at a time).

The throtle is very response from 0 to 1/4 and the power is smooth and steady throughout the powerband. I tried it in the woods at first but since hunting season is at our door i did not want to spend too much time out there and decided to hit a small private track we have acces to. Since I always ride with my kids, the woods is usualy slower speed stuff. I found the transition of going from +/- 1/4 to wot was slugish when done with a quick snap of the throtle but if I slowly (2 seconds) roled onto it it was fine. It sounded similar to when the engine is first started up and still cold.

Once we got to the track I did not have to follow my kids, I could go my own speed (wich isnt that fast), the engine ran great the whole time and i did not foul a plug. I had a little bit of spooge on the inside edge of the muffler at the end of the day.

So my current setup is 40 pj 165 mj and NECW 3rd clip. I did not play with the airscrew. I'm thinking of going up one clip position on the needle.

On a side note, my oldest son (12 yo) is having a freaking blast on his recently purchased 2014 kx 85. It is simply amazing seeing him blast through the trails with that thing and pop wheelies or make small jumps off of everything he can. I alway thought those little bikes where not made for trails but he is proving me wrong and it wont be long until I cant keep up with him anymore. His little brother (8 yo) inherited the kx 65 and is learning to cope with using the clutch in the woods, not an easy task but it wont be long. He wont even look at his KTM50 anymore.