View Single Post
Old 09-19-2006, 04:52 PM

I have both of my Hondas for sale and I need another bike like a hole in my head.
I started this whole idea with the thought that Trials technique would help my enduro and mountain trail riding skills.

I saw a used trials bike for $2500 listed on a dealership near me. I called to investigate and learned that that bike had serious problems. There was another one for $4600, and the dealer told me that a new GG Pro 280 would run $6500 +.
Then I thought I might save some $$$ by getting into bicycle trials. Then (I thought) if I like the Bicycle trials, I could shell out the clams for a motorized Trials bike.

Heres the ugly truth:
I suck at wheelies. Whenever the front wheel lifts a tad, I shut the therottle. Or, I try a whelie and then remain leaned forward, and just spin the rear wheel. (Thankyou Honda) I WANT to 'blip blip' across logs and tip the front wheel over ledges or roots, but the fear of looping out just keeps both wheels firmly on the ground. I think that the EC 250 has helped me reduce this fear of looping because the power delivery is so controlable and mellow. This makes me think that a Trials bike would enable me to experience "ABSOLUTE ULTIMATE CONTROL" of a motorcycle. As soon as I became used to double blipping over logs on my GG Pro 280, I would be doing it on my GG ec 250 in no time.

I understand that riding motorcyles under the conditions I desire to ride in is as much a mental game as it is a physical. Perhaps I should just remove the rear fender from my EC 250 and just loop it a few times.