View Single Post
Old 08-09-2007, 07:32 PM
Silver Level Site Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berkyboy View Post
From what I understand GasGas Spain would like to sell a minimum of 500 bikes a year in the US.
That seems so small. I would think that 500 would be easy to do. Is that what the big 5 sell a year?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berkyboy View Post
What GasGas needs is 50 commited dealers who are willing to stock 5 to 10 motorcycles each as well as stock $3000 to $5000 in parts inventory.
The dealer I use seems to have way more than 5 bikes in stock. I think he has maybe even 3 of each model. I do think he seats on some models and needs to let them go for less. I buy parts from him and some from GF. Both have had every part I needed...not like I need many parts.

I think GG website needs an overhaul. When you look for dealers in your area, all you get is “Dixie Sales Company”. There needs to be a filter to find a dealer in the given state or near a zip code. I know that on this site you have a page with links but some of those dealers don’t even show GG on their website or the links don’t work.

I’m a youngling when it comes to GG. I’ve had an Arctic Cat Prowler mini bike, XR80, RM80, KX125, KLX300 and a CRF250X. Now that’s not a lot of bikes but I can tell you that I love my 05 EC200. Heads above the KLX and CRF and I never thought I would go back to a 2stroke. It’s a great bike for the woods. I don’t race and I’m not very fast but I still love my bike. Well, maybe faster now riding this bike. Smoked my buddy on his yz426 on this own trails. Just think I almost didn’t buy it because someone I knew (that owns a used motorcycle shop) said the bikes are junk. I’m so glad I didn’t listen to him! Maybe I should put this in “Why I love my GasGas”.

I still think the dealerships should have a meet. Maybe invite anyone that purchased a GG or buys parts for GG to a ride at a public riding area. Server some food, water and have a place to sit down. This way the non-believers that get passed in the trails can see theses awesome machines up close. If you see 5 or more GG bikes at a trail you may think to yourself I got to check these bikes out. Strengthen in numbers. Any was, if you need any help let me know.

EC200 DE owner and proud of it!