View Single Post
Old 04-19-2014, 03:30 PM

Default 200h on the clock, and guess what....

today i pulled off the topend of my ?13 300e, the bikes having around 200hours now and i thought it may be good to have a look to rings and piston.
piston looks good, little shiny parts, three minor scratches. last year the bike sucked some water because of the poorly and brainless constructed airbox so i guess this is what the scratches caused. measured the rings, upper 0,4, lower 0,3. guess its pretty in the range for its hours. the piston i will meaure next week, dont have a micrometer in my workshop, but i guess he will be in tolerance. cylinder also looks good in generally, two little scratch points from suckin water, a ride with the hone tool through it will fix that and will give back its crosscut.
im pretty impressed about that little wear in that engine, rod also dont have any play. ok i ride the bike smooth and take care of it, where i ride the bikes not getting much revs, no mx, but hey, anyway, after this much hours?
interesting how the cyliner is created, there is plenty of guiding surface for the piston, if you compare it with an pumpkin cylinder, there are more holes in than guiding survace. if the piston is in shape and the right measure, i bring em back on and i guess hes still good for another 100 hours....
by the way, spuish is 2,2mm.
well done gasser.....