View Single Post
Old 04-30-2015, 09:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by memphis2857 View Post
So I got my highly anticipated House of Horsepower exhaust in today and after several hours of bending, tweaking, and cussing I finally got it to fit. So I fired the ol girl up and instantly noticed how much different it sounds at just an idle. So I take off down the road easing along to let it warm up a little and already I could tell a big difference in how snappy it was for the first half throttle. Not jetting issues there. So I get it in 3rd gear lugging along and whack the throttle wide open and here is where everything went to complete shit! It went something like this: Baaaawahhhhhhh crackle pop studder crackle! LOL Anyway it breaks up real bad when on the main jet. I guess this is where I over (or under) thought the situation. I was thinking new pipe, no more corked up spooge cannon, I must need more fuel. So I went from 178 main to 180. No improvement. Back to the drawing board, I dropped to 175 and it seems better but, how can this be? Its still not right but it seems like I am going in the right direction. I am thinking I will drop to 172 and see what happens. What are you guys thoughts on this? Why is it messing with my head, and why do I need to lean out my bike with a new better breathing pipe?

Jetting Specs:
50/50 mix of Unleaded pump gas and 110 leaded fuel with Motul 800 @ 50:1
175m
42p
nedw #2
air Temp: 70 F
ALT: 750ft

Plug reading looks kind of weird because of the fuel mix i got going on.
Pulls super hard until it gets on the main in its current state.
You didn't say what year or model? I have a 2014 XC300 with the HP silencer, but stock head pipe. My jetting went leaner as well. There is a major difference between the HP and stock FMF. The HP is definitely pulling more air and creates more power. I put in an NEDW on the 3rd clip and left the main and pilot alone. I tried the 2nd clip and it was too lean. After moving the needle up one clip it made a significant difference. Smooth linear power throughout the whole band and no hiccups or bobbles. Smooth starting and great idle. I am around 50 feet above sea level. This combo however does not like anything below 55F.

Just try moving the clip down 1 position, I think you will be pleasantly surprised. It worked for me, let us know.