View Single Post
Old 01-22-2023, 01:24 PM

Default 2011 ec250 isde engine noise

Hello I'm new here and new to the gasgas brand. I bought a 2011 ec250 six days bike back in the summer of 22. It ran good but the last guy wired the ignition through the headlight. So break the light and the bike dies lol. I've been riding 20 years and have never seen that. So I took it to a shop to have it wired properly. So we got a new harness for the lights and the ignition wiring was good. CDI coil and stator all work. The bike still runs good but it came out of the shop with like a whiring noise. It sounds like a turbo spooling. I've always rode smokers and have never heard this before. The shop of course can't hear it so no help there. the noise seems to be from the water pump area. They had the stator off the bike but the noise is from the other side. Doesn't matter in gear, clutched , in neutral all the same sound. A can't upload a vid of the sound or I would. Looking for any thoughts before I ride it and shred the motor. This motor has 39hrs on it. https://youtube.com/shorts/tuW6EpDHpUI?feature=share

Got the vid on here.