View Single Post
Old 01-24-2023, 05:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zman View Post
For sure check to see if the clutch retaining nut is loose and if there is play in the main shaft bearings. I think some of the Rekluse kits use an extra thick gasket for additional clearance. Is it possible you have a mixed set of parts that are interfering new or old clutch basket ?
The clutch assembly looks good. No in out or up down bearing play. The basket is in good shape. 40 hrs on the basket. The clutch is not an auto clutch, it's just a stock hydraulic style with new plates, steels and springs. The cover was put on by the last guy because he put a hole in the stock one and I have it with its hole lol. But the way that reklus cover is wearing on the side it's like something has to be going out of round just to hit it. Like it's a big, out of the way cover. The crappy thing is the bike didn't have these problems until the shop did the wiring. I feel like someone may have tapped the flywheel on or off to do the stator work. If so, could that have done a bearing? I sure can't feel any movement by hand and the bike idles and vibrates normal.