View Single Post
Old 01-24-2023, 07:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by (F5) View Post
So you've had the flywheel cover off and the flywheel hasn't picked up something with its magnets? Hmm. Hmmm.

But if you can't feel up and down play (there will be a bit but not a lot). If you put the old clutch cover back on with some tape on it to compare.
The first thing I did was pull the flywheel and make sure there was nothing there. No loose stator screws. The pickup is not too close. The noise is from the other side. The basket rubbing the clutch cover is not the source of the noise. Initially I thought it was. What I'm kind trying to do here is figure out if I'm keeping this bike. I've owned it since July and it's been more trouble than any other bike I've had lol. I love the way it rides but it's smokin my wallet. So if that is a noise that I'm going in the case for it's for sale. If I can ride it as is I'll keep it. The lighting harness and ignition wiring was a pain in the butt . I am aware the most euro bikes have crappy wiring so I figured I'd do all that and have a bullit proof bike but it's just not going that way. So I'm in it now today for about 5500 all in. That's about what I can sell it for locally. So if it were a commonly known problem I'd just go for it and fix it. But if I can't figure it out I'll sell it before something really bad happens and I have to open it up. I have receipts and documentation dating back to 2011 when the bike was new. All the shop manuals, parts list, owners manual and KTM pars interchange. So it would be a shame to let it go. I'm freaked that it's a bearing in there. Five bucks for the bearing and 700 to dig it out lol.