View Single Post
Old 01-13-2014, 12:27 PM
Platinum Level Site Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakobi View Post
What you need to do is determine where you think the bike could be improved.
Thanks for the help Jakobi - appreciate any input you have.

Throttle response on the bike is very good, no lean bogs and no burbles at any point in the range.

The biggest thing I want to do is try to reduce the drool coming from the pipe - which is why I also started the 50:1 to 60:1 thread. Given the responses in that thread, I'm going to stick with 50:1 and focus on jetting changes.

I don't know anything about that needle, but being at the #2 clip is on the lean side. I don't have much experience on the jetting stuff, but did play with it when I had my KTM 300. I also had the Q on that bike and dealt with spooge early on, but it cleared up when I found a good combination of pilot jet and needle (don't spend a ton of time on the main).

My gut tells me to try going to a leaner pilot - like a 40 - and possibly switching the needle to #3. I'd probably try the 40 pilot first and see how that responded, then switch the needle clip to #3 if it felt too lean.

One thing I'm going to try this weekend is turning the a/s out to 2.5 turns and see what effect that has.

I'm good with being a little on the rich side, but want to get ride of that drool.