View Single Post
Old 01-21-2014, 03:00 AM
Platinum Level Site Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by swazi_matt View Post
Is that every third row of knobs removed?
Its like this ..... R is Removed and K is Knob
The middle/ center row has 3 knobs then removed
and I alternated back and forth to the left and right
can post a pic if this doesn't work

K R K K K K K K K R K K K K K K K R K K
K K K R K K K R K K K R K K K R K K K R -center
K K K K K R K K K K K K K R K K K K K K

Quote:
How do you remove them?
Razor knife and St Pauli Dark

Quote:
How does it handle clayey mud
Without any mods at all, on Husaberg Force Ride in Gunnison CO, super muddy in some areas, I had just as much traction as knobs. When they were packed with clay so was mine. I removed the knobs thinking that it might work in the sand/loose like the specialty tire. I never had any issues in any terrain. Sand is ok. Las Vegas doesn't get much rain but in Gunnison it was super slippery. My trials out performed knobs fin the slimy snot or sure. They would spin I wouldn't. Just don't dump the clutch and spin them up like you might do on a knob. As soon as I feel them spin I backoff the throttle so they can stop spin and start grabbing. Its a different style to some. I also run Tubliss which means I can drop my psi to anything I want. I haven't gotten to crazy low psi like on my trials yet but I will. Seems that the 100+psi inner tube/tire stops it from rimming and dinging the rims. We have lots of sharp edge rocks and formation but no issues. I like to ride my enduro EC300 on the 'trials only' trail. Its a joke really because endures just cant do the trail but its in the moments that you loose it that you learn. I also like running bald, totally smooth, chords showing a little, trials on the rear of my endure. Believe it or not it still hooks up good but what is cool is the off chamber. They slip out as soon as you get outside the bikes sweet spot. Makes a new trials seem like magic then.
2014 Beta Evo Factory 300