View Single Post
Old 07-13-2016, 02:55 PM
Platinum Level Site Supporter

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lian View Post
Does put a Suzuki thrust washer 2.0mm instead of stock 2.8 mm under clutch hub make sence (clutch hub to basket spacer) when converting to a CR250R cluth plates?
We have hydraulic clutch that push long clutch rod (which push pressure plate), so if overall plates pack size is bigger than standard (34.5mm CR250 vs 33.3mm GG300), then after additional 2-3 pushing clutch lever that long rod will be pushed forward that extra 1mm and stay there forever.

So i don't understand how changing thrust washer are changing something?
Besides that - basket, plates and pressure plate is one whole assembly, which moving inside (in engine) when changing that washer to thinner one - so really nothing happens to compensate new pack height of CR250 plates. Only 6 springs are more preloaded (~1mm), but i see you never feel that after conversion.
Does the way of my thoughts right?
Even though the push rod extends outward to take up the slack in the operation of the clutch, the thinner washer gives more freeplay in the clutch pack setup; which can decrease clutch drag.

My first GasGas importer told me that the reason that clutch drag was a bigger problem in our bikes was that there was very little free play in the clutch pack. In effect, "The tolerances are tighter in the GasGas clutch pack."
The thinner thrust washer would help with that, by adding 1 mm to the free play.
'11 Gas Gas EC250 (primary ride)
'06 Gas Gas DE300
2004 Gas Gas TXT300 Pro
'94 Husaberg FE350
'86 Yamaha IT200
'86 Honda TRL200 Reflex
'04 KTM 525EXC (soon to be dual sported)
Several others, including project bikes, Deb's bike, and a fleet of grandkids' bikes

Let's go riding!
http://www.jebruns.com/Wudi19/wudi19.html
http://www.ahrma.org/schedules-results/cross-country/