Thread: Broken Frames
View Single Post
Old 11-20-2017, 12:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacob 'Berg View Post
Hey Jim, Sorry about the frame. Can you post up some pics? It may be a good idea to have the frame welded up again, as you can probably be back on the bike in a short amount of time, and you could keep looking for a used frame on Ebay and here on the site. I might look at talking to someone who fabricates/repairs off-road vehicles, as they may have more knowledge on treating this type of damage.

Either way you go, I would make sure all of the bolts on the engine mounts are torqued to spec and double check these from time to time. If the motor is vibrating in the mounts, this could cause the welds to cold work themselves. Not saying this is what happened, but always a possibility.

Does anyone know if a 2013 frame could be swapped for Jim's 2012 frame? It seems that the shock and linkage are perhaps the only thing that changed between 12-13. Not sure if this would work, but it may expand options for purchasing a replacement frame.
I think the third break was trying to keep up with you two Sundays ago... I'm not sure about welding it again at this point, I would hate to have a major break out in the desert.