View Single Post
Old 10-07-2020, 12:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MuddyArgyle View Post
Alright, I'm trying to go the opposite direction of most people in this thread. My 2011 ec300 had a rekluse core exp 1.0 on it when I bought it. I've been riding trials a lot lately and want to go back to a manual clutch on the gasser.

I have the rekluse basket, inner hub and pressure plate. I also have a gasgas pressure plate, but not the hub or basket.

One idea I had was to just take out the exp disk and put in new friction and steel plates. I talked to rekluse and they said I could do that, but I'd need to buy the core manual pressure plate, but that's $200 plus the cost of the steels and frictions. I'm not sure I'd actually need the pressure plate, as I could just adjust the core pressure plate. I'd still need to replace the steel and friction plates. Do these have to be from rekluse or could I use cr250 plates?

The second option would be to source the OEM parts and replace them, but that might be tough.

So, if I buy the entire setup for a cr250, would it be a drop in replacement?

In summary, here are my questions:

Can I use cr250 plates in the rekluse basket and hub?
Can I use the rekluse basket and hub with no exp plate, but more other plates?
Could I just drop in the entire cr250 clutch assembly (basket, hub, plates, etc)?
Update/bump on my earlier post...

I bought cr250 friction plates and tried to install them without the exp plate. The pressure plate is way too tall to use without the exp plate, so that idea is out. I may just have to buy the core manual plate for $200.

If I do that though, I'm worried the cr250 plates will be too thick to use that setup as is, and I'll probably need to get creative with some washers in there.

On the other hand, I could maybe just buy the stock setup and go back to that, but my real goal here is to have a manual clutch with good feel that I can reliably find parts for longterm.

Any input is appreciated.