Thread: Fork Seals
View Single Post
Old 11-15-2010, 09:06 PM

I've done seals on a lot of forks. The Zokes tend to have a pretty snug fit of the seals in the tubes, more so than WPs for example. For this reason I have and would recommend a 45mm seal/bushing driver. I got one off ebay a few years back for around $30. As for seals, I have always used the Marzocchi OEM kit on both Husky and GG Zokes. Not impressed with the Moose Chineese junk I've seen. If you've never done this service try and have someone who has show you. Since all forks are basically the same once the cartridges are out you can refer to say a WP procedure. I've never seen a good Zoke specific procedure. Just note the order of all the parts removed. Key points are the tubes must be warmed (uncomfortable to touch) with a heat gun or torch over the bushing/seal area prior to slap hammering the fork apart, and again before driving the bushings and seals back in. Very important is covering the inner tube with a greased plastic bag or taping/greasing the end of the tube past the bushing land to prevent the seal from being damaged.