View Single Post
Old 03-15-2013, 08:26 AM

I've done some quick reading including athlete related paleo and what they describe is not unlike what I eat and try to eat now. Good, lean protein, and veggies. Always a salad with oil and Balsalmic. Sometimes a steak. Cut way down on carbs, and no processed snack foods. Good fat, but low saturated fat. What threw me Rick was your bacon snacks. I just can't eat stuff that drips grease anymore, turns my stomach. I think I'd puke on the trail. Like Mike I was not that way before.

Fred,

Being in real good shape is a major advantage in the Super Senior(50 - 60 yrs here) harescrambles class. If your last lap is the fastest or at least not slower than the rest you have a lot of guys beat before the flag drops. What works for me is TRX, an intense full body core centered workout. It can be approached in many ways but I suggest at first you find an instructor and take a few classes. It will kick your a$$ especially at first. I was in a rut with weights, machines, etc. until I found this. I had a good instructor and man did I respond, lost about 15 lbs and got a lot stronger, independent of diet. Now all I do is TRX and run some, and will bicycle more now with spring coming.