View Single Post
Old 04-16-2016, 07:39 AM
Gold Level Site Supporter

+1 what jakobi said.youve stated that you ride mainly 0-1/4 throttle.that is the problem area on your current needle,the very lean main may be helping clean it up a little but based on your mileage-not much!
The ned? should help and will also give a much smoother,progressive,linear delivery that will take part throttle openings better.
Since i fitted this needle i have never felt the need to bother with map switch as the delivery is so smooth anyway
Fwiw my stock needle was noz?,identical taper but a half clip leaner than n1e? and it was still too rich at bottom,even in clip2.for $15 its worth trying.
My conditions,10-30degC,0-1000m,70-80%humidity
Running rich as you are and spending a lot of time at low throttle im surprised you havnt fouled a plug or two,although iridium plugs will mask this symptom by generally refusing to foul(i also find iridiums harder to read and it could be my imagination but also felt engine didnt run quite as strong)
Start with ned?as clip4,3 and prob 2 should be safe options.
Nec? Is half clip leaner so clip3=ned?2.5,so theres less useful positions,if you like the ned then consider nec for finetuning l8r
Start with the exact needle diameter as the stock needle you have,in clip3,or 4 if youre edgy!(dont be put off if clip4 is utter crap)
Change that main,even if you dont get on the pipe urself.id hate for you to swapbikes with a m8 and have him grenade it for you!

Last edited by barossi73; 04-16-2016 at 08:53 AM.