View Single Post
Old 05-31-2016, 10:59 PM
Platinum Level Site Supporter

I have a '14 300 with an AS2, "stock" head (it was replaced under warranty before it was started), stock carb, stock pipe/silencer, Mylers radiators, and stock 48T rear sprocket. I went to Taylor Park last year about that time running pump gas, number 8 slide, NEDW on second clip, 48 pilot, 168 main, air screw about 1.5 turns out, and map switch on "sun mode". It worked great but extended clutch work up hills after waiting for the riders in front to "clear" did get it to spit a couple of times so I would say it was a touch lean in the mid range. Frankinberg is very meticulous with his jetting so if you match his configuration (2011 300 with RB Mods, AS1, and 51T rear), use his specs as he has the best running bikes. Right now, I am running the NEDH instead of the NEDW since I am riding lower altitudes and I went to a 49T rear sprocket. As for other things, it will rain at some point in the afternoon and get cold when it does so something waterproof (or close) and warm dry gloves in your pack. Bring more fluids and some calorie dense food as your body will burn a lot trying to get used to the altitude. Also, please note that Colorado had plenty of snow this year and the trails will not be open for some time. Your dates should be fine but snow melt may linger later in the season than normal!

Eric
2003 KX/KDX 220 hybrid
2021 Kawasaki KRX 1000 Trail Edition
1974-86 Vintage Can Ams, SWMs, Puchs, etc.