View Single Post
Old 06-07-2020, 10:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS109 View Post
Ah, ok. Had me really confused there. Yes, that is exactly how it came out. The other side matched exactly.
I am a newbie when it comes to working on suspension. I am curious about the Compression stack and orientation of the compression valve. On all the pictures I can find the large opening port side of the compression valve is on the shimstack side. In your youtube video it shows the small ports on the valve against the shim stack. With your current shim stack are you still having to run with the compression adjuters full out? The other thing I noticed is your compression stack is the opposite direction of everyone else's stack. Could it need to be using the smaller valve ports? Then also with the larger ports they are against the check plates. Could this cause it to flow more oil in the rebound direction? To me this could explain having to turn in rebound more and turn out compression more and backoff pfp to 0.

Hopefully someone with more knowledge will chime in. Unfortunately if you flip the compression valve over and reverse the shim stack you may have to start at ground 0 and then revalve from there to your liking.

I have watched your video several times as I am having issues of my own. I had a shop replace seals, bushings and they revalved as well. It feels like there is some kind of binding or hydro lock going on in mine. The first inch or so seems to take alot of force to start moving the forks down in the stroke. I have removed some compression shims that they put in but the issue persists. My forks were also shortened 30mm beforeaI bought them so it may complicate my issue. Although I used them for 3 years and they seemed to work much better than they do now.

I'm not sure what my next step will be with my forks, but the deflection I'm getting now is taking the joy out of riding my dirt bike.

Last edited by kenfm2000; 06-07-2020 at 11:23 AM.