View Single Post
Old 07-07-2011, 02:19 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by bukwheat View Post
I spend a lot of time on KTMTalk....its a great forum, as I'm sure most of you know. But every so often the topic turns to GG's and how misinformed most of the people are about the brand.

Below is an example....see if you can pick out my post, I don't go by "bukwheat" there.....

http://ktmtalk.com/index.php?showtopic=426638&st=0
Bukwheat,
Thanks for setting the guy straight on the power thing. I have never heard that complaint before. When I was working for KTM I tried to keep up with the KTM Talk stuff but I just couldn't do it. That site made me so mad. When I started managing sales of the HB line for KTM, I did spend a lot of time on the HB.org site because the guys there were very knowledgable and friendly. Same here on this site. Very cool people. Be patient. It will take a while but we'll win them over.
I think KTM, the company, is going to help us. They have just about totally dropped regional off road race support but they are spending millions on SX/MX and announced at the dealer meeting that they are going road racing next year. I think you ought to dance with the one who brung you but KTM is turning their backs on the off road guy. In addition, the off road versions of some of the KTMs are hundreds of dollars higher than the MX version of the same bike. How long before the KTM offroad guys figure out that KTM is lowering the price of the bike for the MX guy and increasing the price for the off road guy? I don't understand the direction that KTM is going but it will only help us.
Thanks again for defending us!
Clay