View Single Post
Old 06-04-2011, 12:47 PM

I've got Ulcerative Colitis - as you probably know the brother/cousin of Crohns.

I still ride and still enjoy it also gives you something to look forward to when you are better.

I think my symptoms are different maybe I get very tired some-times and cannot get anything done when I'm like that, also worry some-times I will need the loo mid-lap or something. The good thing seems to be when you race your body shuts down your digestive system so that helps a lot. Some-times I will race without eating for 12-24 hours if I'm bad so that I can get the race done I'm lucky(ish) I can go without eating for long periods without it bothering me.

I'd say stick at it as long as you can keep enjoying it and you still look forward to riding or racing.

PS when my symptoms started I did not get pain in my abdomen but did 6-12 months later and it could get quite severe. I got a blood test done for food alergies which says i was off the scale for allergy to milk proten and cutting that out got rid of the pain - maybe worth a thought?

Health to ride
'95 ish XR630 (died many times in Oz)