View Single Post
Old 07-18-2019, 10:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc Brown View Post
The first and most important question: did the new basket change anything?

I have a Rekluse basket on order for my 300 EC/19. The clutch was squealing a lot so I decided to take it out. All I found were some heat marks on the steel plates and the two inner friction plates were a bit darker, so definitely suffered from heat.
I put 15/60 Motul V300 (the most expensive I could get) in and I installed the inner friction discs last so they're the first ones now. Test rode it yesterday (85F) and no joy. After just 10 minutes of riding it started to squeal when i feathered the clutch

New kevlar friction discs and steel plates are on the shelf but Rekluse can't deliver the basket and Rekluse Italy who has it in stock refused sending it. So I am waiting and waiting and waiting....

edit: the bsket arrived! Yihaaa! Will install it Saturday :-)
Yes, the Rekluse basket stopped the clutch honking/squealing and other odd noises for me. The GG basket dampeners were in good working shape but I believe they are the root of the noises due to their thickness and asymmetric shape. The Rekluse basket dampeners are essentially very large O-rings type design over a post on the basket. You'll have to do a search for the GG basket dampener image because I can't describe it off hand and cannot picture what the engineers were thinking when they spec'd it for an enduro bike.