View Single Post
Old 07-18-2019, 03:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dzhitshard View Post
Yes, the Rekluse basket stopped the clutch honking/squealing and other odd noises for me. The GG basket dampeners were in good working shape but I believe they are the root of the noises due to their thickness and asymmetric shape. The Rekluse basket dampeners are essentially very large O-rings type design over a post on the basket. You'll have to do a search for the GG basket dampener image because I can't describe it off hand and cannot picture what the engineers were thinking when they spec'd it for an enduro bike.
Many thanks for taking the time to answer, much appreciated! needless to say that your answer made my day!

Yes, I saw that the Rekluse o-rings are considerably larger than the OEM ones and they are round while the OEM ones -you said it already- have kinda weird shape.
I took the clutch out today, put the new kevlar type friction discs into nice Amsoil 10/50 , which I had to import as its not available in Austria. But it has been said it's very good for clutch and shifting problems. As it isn't very expensive I give it a try.

Saturday I will take off the OEM basket and I do hope it's not the one Rekluse calls "odd" as then the Rekluse basket can't be fitted. But I hope it will be the normal one. If so the Rekluse basket will go in with new friction and steel plates. I really hope that this will stop all the weird noises which bother me so much.
Thanks again!

Doc