View Single Post
Old 06-24-2010, 04:55 AM
Site Sponsor

my 6 year old had similar problems. she was throttle shy, not clutch issues. i taught: keep foot on rear brake, pull clutch in, slowly turn throttle and let clutch out till you feel the engine pull, don't let it stall, just let it drag down the motor a bit....then pull clutch in and do it again. and don't let go of rear brake (or use a wall/side of building). they get a feel for when the clutch engages, and how much throttle is needed to accelerate.. then i had her drag her feet and hold throttle steady at about 1/8 and let clutch in and out slowly to accelerate/decelerate. new riders generally don't understand how smooth you need to be on the throttle - they either just wack it, or never open it up. also on a 2t you need to explain that high revs are good. most are so used to a car/4 stroke that they don't realize a 2 stroke thrives at the top of the rev range..they think they will damage the motor revving it out.. noobies instantly think they are hurting the motor revving the shit out of it which is of course not the case on a 2t.. so many of them shift WAY too early..

Stainless Cycle - Motorcycle Bolt Kits
www.stainlesscycle.com