View Single Post
Old 06-22-2013, 02:18 PM

I also purchsed one of these for my 300. I wanted to see if it softened the hit when the power valve opened. I now have about 200 miles of riding with it including dry hard clay/rock, mud and water, and perfect sand. Overall I liked it. It controlled the hit somewhat and I did not notice any other negatives. I have a Rekluse so the stalling was not an issue before. Response to clutch was still good. Now the good news. I thought since it was taming the hit I would try lower 13 -50 gearing. I tried this gearing once before but in the slick hard rocks I would regularly get more wheel spin than with the 13-48. So anyway. With the weight the 13-50 really worked well. Put the Map switch to sum mode and it really responded smoothly to the clutch. In the rain mode sayed very smooth and linear. I run a Suzuki needle for reference. So was it in my head or was it real? Average Speed on my 20 mile loop 17.7. Fastest I have ever had before 17.3; today was not ideal traction (but ok) and everything is really green hampering visual lead. I think the rearing gave me the speed but the flywheel let me use the gearing. I recomend if you ride where traction is not ideal.