View Single Post
Old 05-11-2009, 03:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZRickD View Post
F_G has a different skid plate on his. Perhaps he'll chime in.
Nope, I have the Mecasystems same as you. The Meca skid plate is a beautiful piece of artwork and protects pretty good so far. Just be ready to perform a lot of modifications to get it to function correctly. The drain hole doesn't match up, so unless you like to remove the plate every oil change be ready to hit it with a die grinder to line things up. The protective ear on the left side if you have big feet will interfere with shifting, my son had an issue with missing downshifts, we were wondering if something might be wrong in the tranny, bent shift forks or whatever, nope, skid plate was in the way, get out the die grinder again. Was on a ride a couple if weeks ago and suddenly my rear brake didn't work, nope wasn't the brake, the brake lever and my boot had hung up on the right side protective ear. Get out the..........not the die grinder this time, a couple of smacks with the dead blow and problem solved. I think I finally have all the issues figured out. Like I said, pretty and beefy, but kind of a pain in the butt.

Oh yeah almost forgot, like Rick said, front bracket is junk, spent some time this weekend with some 3/16" x 1" flatstock and beefed up the brackets on both bikes..........ok, now I'm done.