View Single Post
Old 05-30-2010, 07:50 PM

I ran trials tire for a bit ... I'm back to knobbies. If it is dry they work great, if it is muddy but there is "stuff" like roots and rocks in the mud they will get you through it. If the mud is greasy or there isn't any thing in it you are doomed. I ride in new england where you can encounter every type of soil condition in one ride or race. I bagged the trials tire for two reasons. one they affect the handling of the bike. they have so much traction they can make the bike handle a bit funky in the turns. two I always seemd to encounter at least one section of track or trail that was not trials tire friendly. Of course that one section would always beat my ass getting the bike through it, then you had to go into recovery ride mode. If you don't have a lot of greasy mud in your area give it a shot. I still have one in the shed and could see putting it on for a ride if I knew it was going to be dry and rocky. you might tray and find out where hte local trials riders in your area are ... you might be able to pick a cheap used one to try. new ones are expensive