View Single Post
Old 10-21-2012, 11:12 PM

Talking Another jetting issue(imagine that)

Yes, I went through the normal searches for info I purchased a 2003 EC250
from a forum member. I love the bike, and todays shakedown ride produced some results that met or exceeded my expectations. My issue...Early morning start-up left me at a loss. It would not run at all hardly, from idle to somewhere near 1/3 throttle. Even after warming up, it exhibited the same throttle responses. I massage the throttle and headed into a nearby WOT type runout stretch of trail. Once I rolled it passed the ugly, and got 1/2 throttle & up...She came to life, and surprised me by immediately lifting the front tire, and flat out got with the program. It ran like that all the way through the top gear. After throttling back for the return trip, she produced the same poor bottom end performance. That is, 'till I wound her up, again. I pulled the plug, it was grey in color(dry{BR8ES NJK}) I swapped in a BR8EG and headed out. I figured out in short order that tugging the choke part way closed cleaned up a lot of the part throttle issue. After a lovely 32 mi. flog, I pulled the plug(wet, but almost tan in color). My issue is, I'm not sure what to start with, since I ran the bike with the choke about 1/2 engaged to produce the finishing plug condition. The specs provided by my bike's former owner are as follows:
170 main
42 pilot
#8 slide
CCK #3
I assumed I'd have a jetting issue, as we live and ride in different climates. I typically ride in winter 0'-2500' elevation, Temps 30 F-60 F very high humidity. I'm not 100% sure of fuel type, but the mixture is said to be 44:1. I would be using 91 octane pump gas at 40:1, for a nice round figure. I'm a quick study, would like to resolve this quickly. I am looking for any advice on a how or what to do first. The choke thing sort of has me stumped, as I may have to change everything, or not...I don't know. Thank you.