View Single Post
Old 04-03-2010, 03:07 PM

Thumbs up Follow up

Just thought I'd post a little follow up now that I have 4 or 5 good rides on the bike:
- I'm now running a 168 main, 35 pilot and the stock needle on the second groove from the top. It pulls very strong from right off the bottom with a controllable midrange hit when it comes on the pipe. There is a little spooging but not bad, I will probably go a little leaner when it warms up outside.
- This bike has heavier springs than the 07 for sure. It is set up well for either an agressive lighter guy or not so agressive heavier guy. The sag numbers were a little off for me at 165lbs but it works good as long as I'm riding it hard. If I'm puttsing around it is a little harsh.
- The racing motor with the heavy ignition work REALLY good together. The motor is very powerful but hard to stall and gets great traction. The bike is deceptively fast because of the smooth power and quiet silencer, one of the few bikes I have had that I have not wanted to change anything about the motor. It would appear that all the Canadian models are coming with the heavy ignition and full wiring harness, even the racing models, is this the same for everywhere else? Most stuff I've read has said the six days and racing models are supposed to come with the light ignition and reduced wiring harness, but not here for some reason. (I'm not complaining)

Wes.
85 RZ500
75 XL250
71 CB100
08 DRZ70 (son's)