View Single Post
Old 12-01-2021, 06:27 PM

Default Not Today, but a few days ago.

I live sort of on the edge of a rural area and the suburbs. I rode my (non plated) ec300 down the road for a few miles, mostly on the shoulder so as to not cause too much trouble.

At one point I came upon an area where the ground had been built up to allow the roadway to be flat and level. As a result, there wasn't really a shoulder, and a pretty steep drop off into a swampy area. As I was riding along the shoulder and noticing there was about to not be a shoulder to ride on, I looked over my shoulder to see if any cars were coming so I could hop on the road for a short blast to get past the swampy area.

Wouldn't you know it, doing so caused me to get off balance and veer off the steep slope into the swamp!

No harm done to me or the bike, but it was an interesting struggle trying to get up a gravely 60 degree slope with no run up. I ended up scooting along the bottom, dodging the deep spots and trees until I came to an easier place to ascend.

I continued exploring around, checking out power lines and avoiding No Trespassing signs. As I was on my way home, I saw a policeman sitting there as a speed trap I suppose. Luckily I wasn't gooning too much and just sort of tooted along and gave him a nod. He didn't come after me, so thats good.

Besides the short gearing, the bike did fine on the road and makes me wish I had a plate just for exploring around like that.

Figured I'd share my anecdote since the thread is 'What did you to do your Gas Gas today?'