View Single Post
Old 04-10-2010, 02:22 AM
Silver Level Site Supporter

Default 2010 ec 300 report

Well, I finally got my new bike(minus a button start) & have been able to get a few hours on it.Coming off a 2002 ec300 this is a very different bike.
Firstly it looks better than the launch photos,beautifully designed machine.The brakes are really strong front & back,just having trouble adjusting the pedel low enough.The suspension was my main concern after having a WP/Ohlins setup that was very nice.The Sachs setup blows it away!I haven't set any sag or played with the clickers & it's awesome.Rather than looking for smooth lines you can get on the throttle & just hammer through anything.
The motor has the factory jetting except the pilot has gone 1 size leaner.The motor really is stunning & very fast!The dual curve switch has been dubbed pussy mode & man mode.Both modes seem to have the same bottom & top end but man mode pulls through the bottom & mid range with a quick twist of the throttle,screams it's head off & buggers off down the track with you hanging off it.Pussy mode (my prefered option) allows you to ride in a wide mid range to get traction down but still cracks at the top,wicked!
This thing flys as well.It is perfectly balanced on jumps & I found I was hitting them with way more confidence & speed.
I don't miss the e-start at all,you just have so much fun riding it.If you get a chance to ride one DON'T.Unless you are seriously considering updating your bike.Your trusty stead will never feel the same again & when your riding her hard,she will know your thinking of someone else!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC01260.jpg (112.3 KB, 113 views)
File Type: jpg DSC01263.jpg (71.6 KB, 80 views)
File Type: jpg DSC01262.jpg (42.2 KB, 75 views)