View Single Post
Old 04-08-2008, 10:42 AM

I don't know anything about the specific EFI that GG uses, but I'll bring this up as I haven't seen it come up in discussions related to EFI on dirt bikes. Not that I've been all that much attention since I have a 2 smoker...

Quote:
I'll be able to program my fuel injection or adjust a couple of things.
If the EFI is like my Duc the ECU is not reprogrammable or remappable. To actually alter the fuel air map you'd need an add on module like Powercommander or a replacement ECU. Maybe the dirt bike ecus are different but talk of "trim only" sounds very familiar. I think "trim" means to push the overall map richer or leaner, perhaps using some graduated scheme, but it does not allow for specific edits to the air fuel tables and that's really where the "meat" is on EFI systems. There are endless discussions about difficulties tuning EFI on various road bike boards.

The Technoresearch software will allow you to make whatever adjustments are possible with the stock configuration but again if it's anything like the DUC EFI trim adjustments may be insufficient if you make any significant changes to breathing like opening the exhaust or airbox mods.
'04 Duc M800 R.I.P
'06 Duc S2r 1000 R.I.P
'07 Duc S2r 1000 still rubber side down...
----------------------------------------------------------
May be so... May be not so...

My Website