View Single Post
Old 02-22-2015, 01:29 AM

Location: From Swaziland, Now Hamilton New Zealand the “look but don’t touch” enduro heaven

Ok my riding buddy ditched me at the last minute so I went out on my own and did about 30km. Didn't push it as I was on my own but this setup is so much better than the Sachs.
I could not notice any negative changes to handling (re offset etc). Bike went where it was supposed to and didn't deflect. I did realize that I have been using the Sachs dive to assist cornering - hit the brakes, bike dives and turns tighter (possible? Or is there a change with the kyb?)

Forks are not diving like the Sachs going down steep rock steps and just float over the rock gardens and I now understand the term feedback - I know what is ha76023051ppening on the ground but it is not turned into harshness on my hand
Forks are a big improvement on our grass climbs (the tufts seem to grow into ridges about 10cm high and about 20-30 cm apart) but still struggling a bit bouncing around there.
And I noticed that I still have about 90mm of unused fork travel at the end of the ride

My biggest task now is to get the rear to work as well as the front

I did wind it along the forest track on the way home and I did not feel scared like I did on the sachs
It was too hot to do any testing with clickers and I was also enjoying the ride